Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Be My Bridesmaid update

So I finished my first DIY (do it yourself) project... attempting to make those cute "be my bridesmaid" cards that I came across from Anna of Rifle Design.   Here was the final result of the paper doll chain.....
I was able to find some paper on clearance from Joann's and got to cutting.  Whew it took a while since I had to draw and cut out 5 garlands of paper dolls, 30 dresses, and 30 hair-dos! I'm not such a great artist and had no idea how to draw hair, so it looks a little off... but overall it turned out how I wanted!
I then printed a poem on a piece of cardstock, collapsed the paper doll  and wrapped it in ribbon:
The poem that I printed on the card reads:
The day, the dress
the Bride, the Groom
the joy, the tears
will all come so soon.
Professing true love 
to my husband-to-be,
with family and friends
all watching me.
I hope the sun will 
be shinning down,
keep your fingers crossed
that I'll fit in my gown.
But there's just one more thing
that there needs to be...
and that's to have you
standing with me!
It's hard for me to believe that in just a little while,
Scott and I will be walking down the aisle.
Nothing would give me more joy and pride,
than to have you right there by my side.


I found the poem on a message board on one of the wedding sites I frequent... and thought it would be cute to include.
Since I got all the paper needed on clearance, it only cost about 20 cents to make each bridesmaid card!
I plan to mail them out on July 26th!

1 comment: